Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Is it My Turn For A Hug?

Q: What do you do when you get insulation in your eyes?
A: If you are anything like me, run to the bathroom crying, and stick your head in the sink under running water.


Another day of work, another day of missing my kids terribly. I know it has been over a month since I started working, but I am still not used to this whole being away from my kids thing. My thoughts through the day range from, "Has Tony brushed Sophia's hair today?" to, "What permanent effect will spending so much time away from me have on my kids?".

I come home everyday with a mix of emotions as well. I'm usually quite exhausted, but I feel like I need to spend every waking moment just holding the kids. I usually end up in a chair with all 3 of them piled on top of me. We will spend an hour or so that way, watching t.v. together. I get pretty jealous if one of them decided to get up and go sit with Daddy. I mean, haven't they had enough of him already?

I'll leave now to ponder tomorrow's question. What does it say about life when my kids get excited about taking turns hugging me. Once more, what does it say that they even feel the need to take turns hugging me??

On a good note, we booked Brooklyn and Benjamin's birthday party finally. They are so excited. It will be all I hear about for the next two months. The Creative Discovery Museum!!! Fun.

1 comments:

The Unemployed Dad. said...

I hope your eye is feeling better. Next time be more careful.

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster