Saturday, August 2, 2008

Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe

Q: Do you want a bedtime story, or a spanking?
A: I wanna do eeny, meeny, miny, moe.
That was the exchange I just heard between my husband and my youngest daughter, Sophia. She is acting up a bit today, and we just can't put up with that.

It is to be expected though. We have family visiting. 6 of their cousins are here to be exact. And with so many different personalities, she tends to either pick up on behaviors we don't like, or simply acting out to stand out. As for the question above, in the end, I believe she chose the bedtime story.

We did have a pretty good day today. We ate at Ichiban, our favorite Japanese hibachi grill. The kids love that place, as do we. The last few months of my pregnancy with Sophia, we were eating there 2-3 times a week.

Then we went to see Space Chimps. I did not enjoy this movie. I usually do o.k. with kids movies, but this one just didn't hold onto me. I actually slept through a large chunk in the middle of it. Tony apparently did as well. We had the kids in the middle of us, so all was well.

It is a rare occurrence for me to fall asleep in a movie. Tony does it at almost every kid movie, but I usually make it through them. I don't know it the movie was really that bad, or if I am simply that exhausted. I'm trying to tell myself it was the movie.

Well, I'm off to bed. It is 10pm, and this is late for me. During the week, I'm usually fast asleep by 9pm. But I get to sleep in tomorrow (not sure how many people consider 7am sleeping in), so I am living it up tonight.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster